Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Bars: Gluten Free
These jammy blueberry oatmeal bars are the perfect snack, plus they're made in just one bowl and take under an hour to make.
For the bars:
For the blueberry mix
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Mix together then oats, oat flour, coconut sugar, melted butter, baking powder and salt. Use a spatula to mix together until it's crumbly and holds together when pressed between your fingers.
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper. Pour the oat mixture into the pan, reserving about 1/2 to 3/4 cup for topping, and set that aside in a small bowl. Press the oat mixture into the pan with your hands.
- Wipe out the bowl with the oats just slightly with a paper towel. Now, add the blueberries, jam, arrowroot flour and the coconut sugar. Mix it up with a spatula or spoon.
- Pour the blueberry mixture on top of the crust and even it out with the back of a spoon.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture over top of the blueberries using your fingers to leave them as clumps on top. Leave some space so that the whole thing isn't completely covered.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until slightly golden on top and the filling is bubbling. Let it cool completely before removing and slicing. This needs to be cooled before you cut it for at least one hour.