Cheese and Bacon Muffins with Jalapeño
The perfect savoury muffin recipe and great for meal prep too. These gluten-free cheese and bacon muffins are packed with flavour and spice from jalapeños, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions.
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (or regular AP flour)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup melted butter/ghee
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese (grated) + ¼ cup for topping
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped (reserve some for topping)
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped (reserve some for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a muffin tin with liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg through to melted butter) and whisk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir with a spatula until combined and no flour remains. The batter will be thick.
- Pour in the cheese, minced jalapeño, bacon and green onions and stir to combine. You can save some of these ingredients on the side to top the muffins with if you wish.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the muffin batter into the prepared muffin tin. Top with the reserved cheddar, bacon and green onions if you saved them.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until the cheese is browned on top. Enjoy!