Crispy Air Fryer Wings: Mexican Inspired
Crispy air fryer Mexican chicken wings made in 20 minutes! These are packed with flavour from a simple dry rub and served with a cotija (or feta) cilantro dip.
For the Wings:
For the cotija dip
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 tbsp lime juice and zest from one lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small serrano pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled cotija cheese (or use feta)
- pinch of salt, to taste
Air Fry the Wings
- Dry your chicken wings with some paper towel first to get them nice and dry.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF.
- Pour the spices and salt into a large bowl and mix with a spoon. Add your chicken wings one at a time and toss well to coat, making sure that each one is very well seasoned and coated. This is important to ensure maximum flavour.
- Add a layer of chicken wings to your air fryer, bottom part up first (skin side down), it's ok if they touch a little, but don't completely overlap them. My air fryer does about 6 whole chicken wings at a time. Spray with avocado oil.
- Place in your air fryer and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and flip them over and spray with a little more avocado oil and bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet. Heat your oven to 250ºF and add the air fried chicken wings to the baking sheet. Then place this in the oven to keep the cooked ones warm. Repeat with the remaining chicken wings until all are done.
Make the dip
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix with a spoon until well combined and then set aside.