This elote pizza has all the things you love about Mexican street corn but on pizza.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice (and zest), garlic and smoked paprika. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat up your pizza oven (I use an ooni pizza oven). If using your oven, see alternative method below.
- On a lightly floured work surface area, spread the pizza dough out and transfer to a pizza peel (dusted lightly with flour).
- Use a spoon to add a few dollops of the mayo mixture onto the dough (only use about 1/3 to 1/2 of the mixture) and spread around the base of the pizza.
- Toss the corn with a drizzle of avocado oil and season with salt.
- Scatter the oaxaca cheese on top, followed by the corn.
- Transfer the dough to the ooni and cook, rotating once, for about 45 seconds.
- Remove the pizza and scatter the pepper on top. Place back in the ooni and cook until browned on the bottom and cooked through, about three minutes, rotating frequently with a metal pizza peel.
- Transfer the pizza to a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack on top, which allows the pizza to cool and set a bit more.
- Scatter the red onion and cotija on top. Drizzle lightly with the mayo mixture and garnish with cilantro.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice. Enjoy!
Alternative cooking method:
- Fell free to use a pizza stone, a baking sheet, or a cast iron to cook your pizza.
- If using a pizza stone or baking sheet, preheat the oven to 500ºF. Prepare the dough in the same way on a pizza peel (add the base, cheese, corn and pepper) and transfer to the stone (or just place the baking sheet in the oven) and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the pizza is cooked through, crisp and golden.
- For a cast iron skillet. Preheat the oven to 500ºF. Drizzle a small amount of oil into a 9 or 10” cast iron skillet and shape the pizza dough into the pan, creating a crust with your fingers. Dollop on the mayo mixture, top with cheese, corn and pepper (following the same guidelines as above). Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until the bottom is browned and crispy and the pizza is cooked through.