Falafel Burgers: Vegan, Easy & Gluten Free
Tasty, easy and healthy vegan falafel burgers with beet tahini dressing!
- 1 cup Dried Chickpeas
- 1 cup Cilantro packed, tough stems removed
- 1 cup Parsley packed, tough stems removed
- 1/3 cup Mint packed, tough stems removed
- 1 Yellow Onion small, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Jalapeño roughly chopped, seeded if you want less heat
- 1.5 tsp Cumin ground
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 2-3 tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
For the burgers
- In a large bowl, add the dried chickpeas and cover with water. Let them soak overnight, then drain and rinse.
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, cilantro, parsley, mint, onion, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, salt, cardamom, lemon juice and pepper. Process until the mixture comes together and everything is finely chopped. Then add the mixture back into a large bowl, and add the chickpea flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- Place in the fridge to sit for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from the fridge, and form into patties or balls. If the mix feels too wet, add a tsp more of chickpea flour at a time.
For Pan Frying Burgers
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat and add a splash of avocado oil. Pan fry on each side until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with Unbuns and beet tahini dressing, along with any other topping of your choice.
- In a small pot, add about an inch of avocado oil and heat over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chickpea balls (working in batches) and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Carefully remove with two forks and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Place the patties on an oiled/greased pan at 375ºF for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping carefully halfway through.