Garlic Lemon Pasta: The Easiest 20 Minute Meal
Delicious and easy lemon garlic pasta comes together in 20 minutes!
- 8 ozs Bucatini
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cloves Garlic half minced, half sliced thin
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1/2 bunch Chives chopped fine, divided
- 1/4 cup Pasta Water reserved from cooking the pasta
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice add more if you like more lemon
- 1/3 cup Parmesan freshly shaved
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of heavily salted water to a boil, reduce heat slightly and add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Before draining, reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- In the same large pot on the same burner you just used to cook the pasta, turn the heat to low. Add the extra virgin olive oil and then the garlic. Stir frequently until the garlic gets some colour. Be careful to watch it so that it doesn't burn and adjust the heat as necessary. Once the garlic looks like it has some colour, add the chili flakes and half the chives. Stir to combine and then turn off the heat.
- Add the pasta back to the pot along with the pasta water and toss to combine. Add the butter and then the lemon and stir, making sure all the pasta is well coated. Add more extra virgin olive oil if needed.
- Plate the pasta and top with the remaining chives, parmesan, salt and pepper and additional chili flakes and/or extra virgin olive oil if needed. Enjoy!