Gluten Free Brownie Cookies: Fudgy & Healthy
Decadent and fudgy double chocolate brownie cookies!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Add the walnuts to a baking sheet and toast for 8 to 9 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before roughly chopping.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: almond flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the butter, stirring until just melted. Then remove the butter from the heat and add 5 oz of the chopped chocolate. Mix until the chocolate has melted and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, coconut sugar, white sugar and vanilla extract. Using a hand held mixer or stand mixer, mix on medium for about 2 to 3 minutes, until very well mixed.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the large bowl with the eggs and sugar and stir until combined. Then fold in the mixed dry ingredients until just combined. Gently add the walnuts and remaining chopped chocolate and mix just to incorporate. Place the dough in the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper and heat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC) if not already on.
- Using slightly damp/wet hands, use about 2 tbsp to scoop the cookie dough into balls and flatten with your hands. Place them on the cookie sheet, making sure there is enough room so they don't touch one another when baking. This should work out to be about 8 cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, the dough will still look a bit undercooked, thats ok, it will continue cooking while on the tray. Add flaky salt on top right when you take them out of the oven. Let them cool on the tray for about 10 minutes, then place them on a cooling rack. Continue with the next batch, until all the cookies are made.