Gochujang Brown Butter Squash
This gochujang squash is a perfect fall or winter side dish that's packed with flavour from a brown butter gochujang sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place the squash slices on a large rimmed baking sheet and toss with the oil and salt. Mix well to combine and then transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping halfway, until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat up a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and let it melt, stirring constantly with a silicone whisk or spatula until bubbling and browned. It will start to smell nutty and look browned and foamy. Don’t stop stirring, it can easily burn. This should take about five to eight minutes total. Adjust the heat as needed to medium-low to avoid burning. Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl to cool slightly.
- Once the butter has cooled slightly, add the room temperature gochujang, honey and vinegar. Whisk well to combine.
- When the squash is done cooking, transfer it to a platter and drizzle the brown butter gochujang sauce all over. Top with pumpkin seeds and green onion. Enjoy!