Healthy Macaroni Salad: Gluten Free
A simple and delicious healthy macaroni salad made with a combination of mayo and Greek yogurt.
- 10 oz macaroni
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 orange pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 4 stalks green onion both green and white parts, sliced on the bias
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside in a large bowl. You can add a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to help it from sticking together if you want.
- Finely chop up the veggies and add them to the bowl of macaroni. Also chop up the dill and green onion and set that aside.
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon, honey and salt and whisk. Season with fresh pepper to taste. Feel free to make extra dressing here to add to the pasta later. Keep it stored in a separate container in the fridge.
- Pour the dressing on the macaroni salad and stir well to combine.
- Add the dill and green onion in and give it a final stir. Let it sit in the fridge for about 1-2 hours to get cold before serving.