Healthy Peach Crisp: For Breakfast or Dessert
A delicious, gluten free healthy peach crisp with cherries and an almond oat topping. Enjoy it for breakfast or dessert!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC)
Prepare the filling
- In a large bowl, add the peaches, cherries, lemon juice and zest, arrowroot powder, coconut sugar and cinnamon. Mix well and let sit while you prepare the topping.
Prepare the topping
- In a medium sized bowl, add the almond flour, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt and mix well. Add in the coconut oil and mash well with a fork or with your hands until the mixture comes together and is crumbly. Fold in the pecans and give it a quick stir.
Prepare the crisp
- Add the filling ingredients to a baking dish. Pour the topping all over the crisp, ensuring it's all covered. Place in the oven to bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is slightly toasted. If the topping starts getting too browned, you can tent it with aluminum foil during the last 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.