Healthy Sesame Chicken: Gluten Free & Paleo
Delicious, gluten free and grain-free breaded chicken with a sticky sesame-orange sauce.
- 1 lb Chicken Breast skinless, boneless, cubed
- 1/3 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Ghee or organic butter
For the Sauce
- 1 Green Onion sliced on the bias, optional
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds optional, for garnish
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl and add the tapioca flour to another larger bowl. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg first and then the tapioca flour and place on a clean plate until all pieces are done.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the ghee. When the pan is hot, add the chicken, working in batches if necessary and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes, until cooked through, flipping halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, over medium-low heat, add the sesame oil and then the garlic and sauté until the garlic is fragrant. Then add the remaining sauce ingredients and whisk to combine. Let it come to a low simmer, and then remove from heat once it has thickened.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces to the pot with the sauce and toss to combine. Serve over rice with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.