How to Cook Frozen Tofu
Since I started freezing my tofu, this is the only way I prep it now. Frozen tofu has the best texture and I'm showing you how to make it so that it's crispy and delicious.
- 16 ozs. extra firm tofu (frozen)
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Nanami Togarashi (optional)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- Place tofu (in its package) in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the tofu from the freezer and remove the packaging.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Gently slip the tofu in the boiling water for 14 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove the tofu and let it cool before slicing.
- Once the tofu has cooled, cut into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Add the arrowroot, tamari, salt, togarashi and half of the avocado oil to the bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and drizzle in the remaining oil. Once hot, add the tofu to the skillet and let it brown on one side before flipping, about four to five minutes. Once all pieces are flipped, transfer to the oven and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until crispy.