Let's make some tuna with wasabi aioli on crispbreads and some seared scallops in a white wine cream sauce.
For the seared scallops in white wine cream sauce
- 1/2 cup Cashews Raw, soaked for at least 30 minutes in just boiled water
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
For the Tuna with Wasabi Aioli
- 2 cans MSC Certified Wild Caught Tuna
- 2 Green Onions sliced on the bias
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1/2 serving Wasabi Aioli
- 8 Crispbreads
For the Seared Scallops:
- Once the cashews are done soaking, drain and rinse them. Add them to a blender along with the water and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- On a plate lined with paper towel, place the scallops on top and pat dry. Right before cooking, season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat and add the avocado oil. Once the pan is hot, add the scallops and sear for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for two more minutes. Remove and set aside on a plate while you make the sauce.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add half the ghee and scrape up any browned bits from the pan. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the wine to deglaze the pan and let it simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, until it reduces in half. Then add all of the cashew cream and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and remaining ghee.
- Return the scallops to the pan and re-heat slightly. Add minced parsley and extra sea salt if desired. Serve and enjoy immediately with a glass of Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc.
For the Tuna with Wasabi Aioli:
- Prepare the wasabi aioli ahead of time
- In a large bowl, add the drained and rinsed cans of tuna along with the wasabi aioli and mix well. Season with sea salt it necessary.
- Top each crispbread with tuna, shredded carrot and green onion. Serve and enjoy immediately with a glass of Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc.