An easy, hands-off weeknight meal that s made in just under 45 minutes.
For the toppings
- 1 avocado sliced or cubed
- 5 radishes sliced thin
- 1 serrano pepper sliced thin
- cilantro for garnish, optional
For the pumpkin seed topping (optional)
For the Chicken Tacos
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode first. Pour the avocado oil in and sauté the onions for about three to four minutes, until softened. Add in your spices and salt and continue cooking for an additional two minutes, stirring to combine.
- Now add in the chipotles, chicken broth, salsa and the chicken breasts.
- Lock in the lid, make sure the valve is set to sealing. And cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the toppings and salsa verde if using.
- When the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then manually release the pressure. Open the lid, remove the chicken breast and add these to a large bowl or cutting board.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode and let the liquid reduce to half. This will take about seven to ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken. Once the sauce has reduced, turn the Instant Pot off and add the chicken back in. Give it a stir.
- Assemble your tacos with toppings and enjoy!
For the pumpkin seed topping
- In a small pan over medium heat, pour in the oil. Once warm, add the pumpkin seeds and spices and salt. Stir often, until toasted and starting to pop, about four to five minutes.
- Remove and set aside until ready to use.