Say goodbye to bland, dry turkey burgers and a BIG hello to these juicy jalapeño burgers with cheese! After making these, I declared these were the best ever turkey burgers I've ever made (and eaten).
For the chipotle mayonnaise:
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and process until smooth. Place in a sealed container and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the burgers:
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey and egg and mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir well with a spatula to combine.
- Form into 6oz patties (these will be large) and place them on a plate (covered) and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to a few hours.
For stovetop cooking:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (for easier cleanup). Or if using a cast iron skillet, disregard the baking sheet.
- When ready to cook, heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle a small amount of avocado oil in the skillet. Add the patties and cook for three to four minutes, until a crust has formed and then flip and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to the baking sheet (or use the same cast iron pan) and place in the oven for nine to ten minutes, until cooked through. During the last minute, top with cheese to melt.
- Toast your burger buns.
- Slather on some chipotle mayonnaise, followed by cabbage and then the burger. Top with avocado and the top of the burger bun. Enjoy!