key lime cookie bar with white chocolate
A light and bright key lime cookie bar studded with white chocolate chips, coconut and lots of real lime flavour.
- Grease an 8×8 pan with oil and then line with parchment paper. This helps the parchment paper to stick. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, pour in the flour, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, pour in the coconut oil, coconut sugar and turn the mixer on low to combine. With the machine running, add the lime juice and the egg. Once that is combined, carefully pour in the flour mixture and beat over medium until combined.
- Turn off the stand mixer and remove the bowl. Stir in the lime zest and add the white chocolate chips. Place in your prepared baking pan and smooth the top with your hands.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 24 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the baking dish for 25 to 30 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Let it cool for an additional 20 minutes.
- While the cookie bars are cooling, melt the coconut butter.
- Drizzle all over the cookie bars and top with a few more chocolate chips and lime zest. Cut into squares and enjoy.