For the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
For the Wings
- 1 lb Chicken Wings
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Thai Basil chiffonade, optional, for garnish
For the Sauce:
To Make the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Add the rice vinegar, water, coconut sugar, garlic, tamari and cayenne to a small pot and heat over medium. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve the sugar. Let it boil for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sambal olek and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, add the 1 tbsp water with the arrowroot powder and mix well. Then add this to the sauce and whisk to combine. Turn off the heat and set aside.
To Make the Wings
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the wings to a large bowl or ziploc bag and add the baking powder and toss to combine. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
To Make the Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined.
- When the chicken wings are done baking, toss them with the sauce and coat well. Garnish with thai basil, serve and enjoy!