Thai Shrimp Stir Fry with Basil & Eggplant
This quick, easy and delicious Thai shrimp stir fry is perfect for busy weeknights and meal prep!
For the stir fry
- 1 1/2 cups White Rice
- 2 Chinese Eggplant
- 1/2 lb Snap Peas
- 170 g MSC Cold Water Shrimp defrosted
- 1/2 bunch Thai Basil
For the sauce
- Cook the rice according to package directions and set aside.
- In a blender, add the fish sauce ingredients from the fish sauce through to the avocado oil, leaving out the arrowroot powder for now.
- Add the shrimp to a bowl and pour half the sauce over top of the shrimp.
- Slice eggplants crosswise into 3" pieces, then quarter lengthwise. In a large skillet, add a splash of avocado oil and then add the Chinese eggplant and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, until cooked through, then add the snap peas and cook for an additional 2 minutes, until bright green.
- Add the shrimp and the remaining sauce and cook for one minute more. Stir in the basil leaves and turn the heat off.
- If you want to thicken the sauce, take a few tablespoons of the sauce from the skillet and put it in a bowl. Add the arrowroot powder and whisk to combine. Then add back to the skillet and heat through for 1 minute more.
- Divide the rice and top with the stir fry mix and sauce. Garnish with additional basil leaves and sesame seeds. Enjoy!