Turkey and Bean Soup with Harissa
This is a cozy, warming turkey and white bean soup with harissa and kale. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal!
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, drizzle in the oil. Add the onion and carrots and sauté until just softened slightly, about five minutes.
- Add in the harissa, tomato paste, cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Mix to combine and cook for one to two minutes longer. Add in the beans and toss to coat everything.
- Toss in the ground turkey and break it apart with a spatula. Cook for four to five minutes, stirring often. Stir in the garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until everything is cooked through.
- Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the kale and lemon, let the kale wilt a bit.
- Ladle into bowls and top with yogurt and parsley if using. Enjoy!