Vegan Creamy Avocado Sauce + BIG NEWS
A deliciously creamy pasta sauce made with avocados.
For the sauce:
For the broccoli:
- 1 small head of broccoli cut into florets
For the pasta:
- 2 cups organic spelt/kamut pasta or use lentil or gluten free
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees.
- Place the chopped broccoli on a pan and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with avocado oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crispy and slightly charred.
- Cook the pasta.
- Make the sauce by adding all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender, except the extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the sauce is blended, add the extra virgin olive oil slowly to incorporate.
- It will still be thick, you can add water to thin it out, I like to add about 1/4 cup of the pasta water, so don’t throw it all out.
- Once the sauce is thinned to your liking, drain the pasta and add it back into your pot.
- Add the broccoli and the sauce and mix well to incorporate.
- Top with fresh lemon zest, fresh basil, sprouts, sea salt and pepper (or chili flakes) and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if it needs it.
- Serve, eat and enjoy!