Vegan Creamy Pasta Sauce: Dairy Free And Gluten Free
A delicious, roasted creamy tomato sauce made completely dairy free! This recipe makes two cups of sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Soak the cashews in water for at least one hour, up to four hours.
- Wash and cut your tomatoes in half, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with 1/2 tsp avocado oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Chop the top quarter off your garlic head and wrap in aluminum foil. Add to the pan with the tomatoes. Place the pan in the oven and cook for about one hour, checking on it in the last 10-15 minutes to ensure it is not getting too roasted.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, allow them to cool slightly. Then add two cups of the tomatoes to a blender (or food processor) and add the basil, garlic cloves from the garlic head, soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, sea salt and extra virgin olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and serve with lots of sauce, extra veggies (I used steamed arugula) and top with more basil and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.