A delicious vegan and gluten free pumpkin bread that s moist, easy and made in one bowl! Top it with my spiced vegan buttercream icing.
For the Pumpkin Bread
For the Spiced Vegan Buttercream Icing
- 1 1/2 cups cashews soaked for at least 4 hours, or in 1 hour in just boiled hot water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg ground, or fresh
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp oat milk or other dairy free milk
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar optional, for a sweeter icing
- Start by making sure you have soaked your cashews for at least 4 hours, or 1 hour in just boiled hot water if you are making the icing.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC). And grease an 8.5 x 4.5" loaf pan with coconut oil and set that aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the wet ingredients from the pumpkin purée through to the apple cider vinegar and the ground flax seeds. Mix well.
- Add in your dry ingredients from the oat flour through to the pumpkin pie spice. Mix until combined and then fold in your chocolate chips. Then give that a final mix.
- Pour the pumpkin bread mix into your prepared loaf pan and pop it into your preheated oven. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. You can tent it with aluminum foil if it's starting to get too brown on top, usually during the last 10 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 45 minutes to 1 hour in the pan and then remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Let it cool on the cooling rack for another 30 minutes before slicing.
To Make the Spiced Buttercream Icing
- Drain and rinse your soaked cashews and place in a high powered blender along with all other ingredients and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Once the pumpkin bread is cool enough, slather on the icing. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to one week, or freeze in a sealed container for longer.