Vegan Kale Caesar Salad: The Only One You'll Ever Need
A hearty and satisfying vegan kale caesar salad thats simple and easy to make. You're going to want to put this dressing on everything!
For the Dressing
For the Kale Salad
- 1 bunch lacinato kale
- 3 stalks green onion sliced on the bias
- 1 Avocado sliced or cubed, optional
For the Vegan Parmesan
For the Caesar Dressing
- Place your cashews in a bowl of water and soak them for at least 4 to 6 hours. You can also soak cashews for about 45 minutes in just boiled water if you have a high powered blender, like a vitamix. Then rinse and drain your cashews.
- Add all of the ingredients for the caesar dressing into your blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Pour into a small container and set it aside. Then clean your blender out and pat dry as you'll use it again for the vegan parmesan.
For the Salad & Parmesan
- Finely chop your kale into thin ribbons. Then add to a large salad bowl.
- Add a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to the kale and mix with your hands to massage it in. This helps to soften it just a bit. Add in half of the sliced green onion and toss again.
- Add the vegan parmesan ingredients to your blender and pulse to combine. You want to have them roughly chopped, so don't blend on too high or for too long.
- Assemble your kale salad by adding the dressing to the bowl with the kale and green onion. Mix well with salad tongs. Then add the remaining green onion. Divide onto plates, top with vegan parmesan and avocado and crispy lentils if using.