A delicious and easy baked vegan chipotle mac and cheese.
Make the Sauce
- Prepare the cheese sauce by adding the drained cashews along with all other sauce ingredients and blend on high until smooth. It will be a little watery, that's ok!
Make the Nut/Seed Topping
- In a blender or food processor, add the nut/seed ingredients and pulse until it is combined and still a little chunky. Set aside.
For the Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (191ºC).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook slightly less than the package directions, by about 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and then the kale. Cook until just wilted. Add the pasta back to the pot and then add the cheese sauce (you may have some leftover). Add to a baking dish and then add the nut/seed topping on top. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, and then broil for 2 to 3 minutes on high, until just slightly crispy and browned looking. Serve and enjoy!