The classic peanut butter pie but with a twist! This vegan peanut butter pie is no bake, easy and SO delicious.
For the crust
For the filling
For the coconut whipped cream
Make the crust
- Add the almonds and peanuts to a food processor (or blender- but you'll need to work in batches). Pulse until they are finely chopped. Remove and set aside.
- Add the cocoa powder, dates and coconut oil and pulse this until the mixture is mostly broken down and is sticky. Then add the chopped nuts and pulse again until the mixture comes together and holds.
- Pour the crust into your tart pan. Working from the inside out to the sides, pat down with your hands until the crust is smooth and coats the whole pan. Place this in the fridge while you prepare the rest.
Make the Filling
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and process until its smooth and creamy.
- Take out your tart from the fridge and add the filling, smoothing with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Place in the fridge to set for at least 6 hours, overnight is best.
Make the coconut whipped cream
- Use the remaining coconut cream that is left over from the can. Add this to a large bowl along with the maple syrup. Use a hand held mixer and whip for 1 to 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Store this in the fridge (in a sealed container) until you're ready to add to the peanut butter pie.
- Once you're ready to add your toppings, remove the tart pan from the fridge. Add the coconut whipped cream all over the top, leaving a little peanut butter border around the edges for contrast.
- Add your chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and add just a bit of coconut oil to it (about 1 tsp). Microwave for about 1 minute, until melted and stir with a spoon. Add this into a plastic bag for easier drizzling. Snip a tiny tip off of one end.
- Do the same with the peanut butter. Add a few tablespoons of creamy, natural peanut butter to a plastic bag. Snip a tiny tip off of one end.
- Drizzle the peanut butter all over the top. Then drizzle the chocolate. Top with the chopped peanuts. Place back in the fridge, or serve right away. Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.