Vegan S'mores Cookie Bars
These easy vegan s'mores cookie bars are perfect anytime of the year! Filled with all the nostalgia of a camp fire, but without ever having to actually leave your house.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened slightly
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk (I used oat)
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs/flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a very small pinch of nutmeg (about 1/8 tsp or less)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup marshmallows (divided)
- 100g dark chocolate bar (chopped, or use more chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat until somewhat fluffy, about two to three minutes.
- With the mixer on low, add in the milk, flour, graham cracker flour, salt, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix until combined and the dough comes together.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and stir in the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup marshmallows with a spatula.
- Press the dough into your prepared baking pan and place it in the oven to bake for 12 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add in the remaining 3/4 cup marshmallows and chopped dark chocolate (or more chocolate chips) and place back in the oven for another eight to nine minutes to bake.
- Remove from the oven and torch the marshmallows if you have a kitchen blowtorch. Then let them cool for at least 30 minutes or so on a cooling rack before removing the bars easily by sliding the parchment paper up and out of the pan.
- Slice into bars once they have had time to settle. Enjoy!