Fitglow Beauty Review: All My Faves!
I asked on my Instastory (loving that poll feature) if you would be interested in me doing a fitglow beauty review and the overwhelming response was YES! So of course I want to deliver. And as always, my opinion and this review is my own and this is 100% real, authentic and not sponsored in any way. I truly just love blogging about green beauty and sharing my faves with you. Hope you enjoy this fitglow beauty review with all my faves!
So I have been hearing about fitglow beauty products for about 2-3 years now and it has only grown and grown in popularity. I had been wanting to try numerous products for so long so when I found out that they were doing a little pop-up inside the Pure and Simple location in Toronto, I knew I had to go in. I wanted to chat with someone from the company to see what they would suggest for my skin. Plus, I was hoping to score some samples so I could try before I buy.I am so happy I went in that day and was able to try these products because I really found some gems! Plus now I get to share my fitglow beauty review for both skincare and makeup, yay!
Fitglow Beauty Skincare Review:
Having worked at The Detox Market in the past for about 3 years, I learned a lot about beauty products, ingredients and what to look for to get results. So when I saw the ingredients for this serum, it was love at first sight. And here's why:
- The third ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid. This is one of the best things you can look for when it comes to fighting wrinkles and keeping your skin looking glowy, dewy and young.
- The next ingredient after that is vitamin C. This is one of the best vitamins for your skin as it helps to boost collagen production and brighten the skin. It actually contains 20% vitamin C, which is HUGE!
- The other big ingredient in here is CoQ10. This ingredient is an enzyme that is produced naturally in the body that helps keep your skin looking healthy. Unfortunately aging and stress can reduce CoQ10 in the body. Because of this reduction, this can impede our ability to produce collagen and elastin which helps our skin looking plump and youthful. It also acts as a strong antioxidant, helping to neutralize those free radicals that make our skin age. Using CoQ10 topically can help our skin look younger, plumper and fresher.
- Astaxanthin is another ingredient that belongs to a class of naturally-occurring pigments called carotenoids. This antioxidant also helps with free radicals and can be 65 times more powerful than vitamin C.
These were the ingredients that stood out the most to me and what first made me want to try this product. After using the sample, I fell in love with it and purchased the full size product.
How I Use It:
- I am using this only at night followed by an oil afterwards to help with my own hydration levels, especially important in the winter.
In the morning, I am using my tried and true, Kypris Antioxidant Dew. I have already noticed a difference on my skins appearance as it looks more hydrated, even, smooth and clear. I love this serum for its effect on wrinkles and aging, because this woman (me) is not getting any younger. Although side note- I have been using an eye cream since high school, I am weird like that.
Bottom Line: I LOVE this product and highly recommend it if you are looking for something for older skin (I am 37) as this helps with fine lines, texture and damaged or dull skin.
There are three cleansers to choose from. I went with this one as I need all the moisture and hydration I can get. The problem with a lot of cream cleansers is that they don't take off makeup all that well. So I was a little hesitant to give this one a try, but so happy that I did. It really takes off my makeup well and most important my skin feels clean, refreshed and hydrated after. I only use this at night, because in the morning, I simply use water to wash up. I
- Made with ingredients like organic aloe and cucumber, it helps to soothe the skin while still leaving it hydrated and refreshed.
- You use this product on dry skin, then wet your hands to massage the cleanser in your skin and remove.
Bottom Line: I really liked this cleanser, so I purchased the full size product. My skin looks and feels amazing after using this, definitely recommend it to those with drier skin.
I wanted to try this eye cream because similar to the serum, it contained a lot of great ingredients.
- Vitamin C for helping to brighten the under eye area and thioctic (ALA) an antioxidant that helps with the effectiveness of other antioxidants like vitamin C.
- Peptides help to improve the skin's firmness and helps boost collagen production. It also works great at reducing dark circles and puffiness, which are two things that are important to me.
- Combine that with its ability to improve the look of lines around the eye. A little bit goes a long way as with most eye creams, so this should last quite a while. I am still using the sample version I got.
Bottom Line: This eye cream helps brighten up the under eye area quite noticeably, it may be a bit too soon to tell if it is working on my fine lines, but so far, it seems promising.
This cream is great as a nighttime and daytime cream.
- I love that it has Hyaluronic Acid in it.
- Other ingredients like organic cloudberry and chia extracts help to rebuild skin strength and build your moisture barrier.
- Calm liposome deeply penetrates the skin to stimulate cell regeneration, soothe irritation and improve skin elasticity.
- This cream is especially great for those that are dealing with environmentally challenged skin and rosacea. It is not heavy at all and feels very lightweight on the skin.
I definitely recommend this cream for a regular day cream although I have used it at night too, especially in the winter when I can use the extra hydration.
Fitglow Beauty mMakeup Review:
I have never been a lipstick girl, I rarely put it on and when I do, I end up lightening it if I can somehow. But lip gloss, I do love!
And I love these ones because they provide a good amount of colour, they plump up your lips a little and they are all natural and not sticky at all.
I bought the shade "Ever" which is a creamy deep plum. I usually go for nudes and light pinks so I was a little hesitant to go for something a bit darker. But it was recommended to me, so I gave it a try and really liked it. I will definitely be buying a second gloss at some point and will probably go for a more nude colour. Update, I own several now and they are still my go-to lip gloss because they're amazing!
Bottom Line: 10000% recommend these lip glosses, I bought one after trying it in store and loved it. It tastes great on and is not sticky at all. I have since bought a second one, and seriously cannot get enough of these! Out of all the makeup products and this whole Fitglow beauty review, this lip gloss is probably my favourite and worth every penny.
This was the second gift with purchase that I received and I was excited because truth be told, my eye shadows needed to go.
- I got the colour "Slate" which is described as a warm vanilla and deep mushroom.
- I like how smooth the eye shadows went on and how nicely they blended together.
- They can also be used wet or dry, which I love, because I wear the darker one as my eyeliner.
- It stays put all day, but it will crease a little. Truthfully, I haven't tried any that don't crease on me, so I don't mind the little bit of a crease.
Bottom Line: I really like how smooth these eye shadows go on and the colour combinations are nice, so I would purchase this again in the future.
I also have been using a sample of this foundation and I really like it.
- The Fitglow foundation covers fairly well, but it also helps to keep your skin looking amazing with many of the same ingredients I highlighted in the serum.
- It has made my skin look really clear and radiant and even received compliments on my skin when I was wearing it.
- It wears really well throughout the day and just keeps you looking fresh. I think this type of foundation is geared more towards those with oily skin rather than dry skin. So if you do have more dry skin, make sure your skin is prepped first with a serum/oil/moisturizer.
Bottom Line: this is a great foundation that is ideal for a light to medium coverage and especially amazing that it is nourishing your skin all day.
This3-in-1 vegan mascara, amplifies lash volume and length while nourishing lashes with powerful botanical extracts and plant protein to promote lash health and growth.
- I love this mascara for giving me volume and length.
- It can smudge a little bit if you are using an oil on your skin, so my advice is to be sure that your lashes are dry and don't have any oil on or around the lid.
- Much like their skincare products, it also provides potent vitamins and antioxidants to help lashes grow thicker, denser and fuller.
- It is also semi waterproof but does come off easily with the calm cleansing milk which I have been using and LOVE.
Fitglow Beauty Review: Final Thoughts:
Before I finish up with this fitglow beauty review, I just wanted to mention about their packaging first. I love that everything is kept very clean with the design, by using a pump for the products. This not only looks appealing, but also serves a greater purpose in that it keeps things sanitary too. This ensures your product (which is delicate) is not compromised at all.
Ok, that wraps up my Fitglow beauty review! I hope that you found it helpful and maybe brought to light a new line that you hadn't heard of or tried yet. As always, my opinions are always my own and all products were either samples or purchased with my own money.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only share products and services I have personally used and love. Disclosure here.
That is my Fitglow beauty review, I wanna know have you used Fitglow products before? Lets chat about them in the comments!