This Thai celery salad is a riff on a Tiger salad from Xi'an Famous Foods in New York City. It's got everything you want in a salad and is refreshing, salty, spicy and crunchy.
- 5 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 3 stalks green onion, sliced thin on a bias
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped (both leaves and tender stems only)
- 1 Thai red pepper (birds eye), deseeded and sliced
- 1 bunch Thai basil, chiffonade
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp low sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Thai cashews (see notes), chopped
- Place the celery, onion, cilantro, pepper and Thai basil in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together both oils, (avocado and sesame), fish sauce, tamari, vinegar, lime juice and sugar. Whisk until the sugar is incorporated.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Top with chopped cashews. Season to taste with kosher salt and fresh pepper.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side and enjoy! If needed, squeeze extra lime juice on top.