Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel
This easy air fryer chicken schnitzel recipe is made with panko breadcrumbs and dukkah for a unique flavour. Serve it with a tahini dip on the side.
- Place the chicken breast on a clean cutting board and cover with saran wrap. Use a rolling pin (or a wine bottle) and pound out the chicken breast until flattened about 1/2" thick and season the chicken with the salt. Alternatively use a mallet if you have one.
- Place the flour in one large bowl, beat the eggs in a second large bowl and pour the panko and dukkah in a third large bowl and mix to combine.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF.
- Dip the flattened chicken into the flour and shake off any excess, being sure to cover all sides. Transfer to the egg and coat on all sides and then place into the panko mixture. Be sure to cover the chicken in the panko until it's well coated.
- Place the chicken into the air fryer basket and spray well with avocado oil spray. Bake for seven to eight minutes, until golden and crispy and then flip and cook for another seven to eight minutes. Spray with avocado oil once flipped.
- Once the chicken has been removed, immediately garnish with flaky salt. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Keep the cooked chicken warm in the oven on the lowest setting.
- Meanwhile, make the tahini dip. Pour the tahini into a small bowl and add in the water, lemon juice and garlic. Whisk very well until fully incorporated and the tahini turns into a pale white colour, adding more water if needed to thin. Drizzle in the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oll and whisk to incorporate. Season with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Garnish the chicken with parsley and slice. Serve with the tahini dip on the side and enjoy!